Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

GPC Minutes April 2022

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult

Attendance: Judith Alder, Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Barbara Hafford, Mark Hinds, Val Winch .

 Apologies: 

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Judith Alder and seconded by Barbara Hafford

 

Matters Arising

CF to email SP with full explanation and apology by the Men’s Captain  DONE

Cf to email all members who joined in 2019, 2020m 2021 and 2022 to invite them to Group induction on Wednesday 30th March at 10.30 am DONE

PG to invite tennis members to social and viewing of the refurbished clubhouse on Monday 4th April at 7pm DONE Cancelled due to Covid cases new date to be confirmed in due course.

VW to start on fixture books asap DONE

VW to approach Shepherd Neame for price of Spitfire Lager and would they donate any Umbrellas

JA to communicate that Set Up day is Monday 4th April from 8.30 am till finished at the club DONE

BH to arrange some ladies to clean and reorder the kitchen area this was done by Barbara and one other.

CF to get Catering details from Keith Barnett of the Racing Greyhound for some of our events DONE wants to see the kitchen beforehand – needed for IOTA in September and KCBA President in June 2023

CF thank you letters for Decorators, Maintenance team, and Donors of outdoor furniture DONE

VW to chase up the Shirts order – now received and stored

CF to contact Mr Little for the Honours Board update, pending completed décor DISCUSS columns

CF to Respond to a proposal and detail the GPC decision. DONE

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)      

I am awaiting an invoice from Groundcare today which I guess will be at least £2000 and I have a little outstanding for mostly bar and catering purposes

 

Winter socials including raffle but excluding the bar netted £1200 so with canasta and bingo that will cover the yearly payments to Bowls England for the loan

Total refurbishment costs including painting and the patio comes to just under £33K

 

Bar takings 14 March to 10 April                                1189.36

Stock spend                                                                                         842.22

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

MBRA meeting Tuesday 19th April 2022 5pm to 7 pm  - Bi- monthly they have been advised of available dates during the playing season.

Follow up from Terry Dunn 11 attendees – have found an earlier one page induction summary to be put on board.

KCBA Benevolent Fund Poster Men Only?? have spoken to the secretary for confirmation – KCWBA do something different see Year Book for detail..

Disclosure form for Directors and Officers required by insurance SW what about the new insurers?  1st June 2022 – I am assured that no such requirement is necessary from KD Brokers.

Our President attended the Joint Captains meeting on behalf of the Chairman of the GPC. A report is shown under AOB later in these notes.

 

Fixtures (M Hinds)

There are a few fixtures coming in for next year, but job done for now this year. Walpole Bay is Greys. Ladies Leagues Both are Greys. The fixture book may show whites but all Ladies games are GREY. The Men’s league’s are also GREY. However there are some MIXED games and where Whites are required and they are marked accordingly.

Refurbishment & Maintenance (Andy Ennis)  - Gardens and Green (Andy Ennis)

All straight now and thanks to certain members the various items are being put in position. The carpet people were in today and they have found a bit of snagging that they want to fix which will be done after the Easter break. Have asked the builder and the carpet company if they would like to advertise on our site. They will be providing banners or notices etc.

BH has painted the ladies toilets and the lockers there are some further things to do that involve replacing tiles etc. are the GPC happy for her to do so. This was received with many thanks and agreement.

There are members who help in the gardens during their own schedule and we are very pleased to see this happen. It helps enormously.  Groundcare will be doing some treatment this week, and TP will be mowing the green while AW is away. 

Tennis fence support which is bent – can Sovereign cut out the bad bit and replace with straight angle iron? TBA.

The sign DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF TENNIS GATE will be moved higher on the gate. There are still many people who seem not to be able to read and who do park across the entrance.

 

Bar (M Hinds)

We will now have Spitfire at £3 a pint and 4 Craft Ales from Wantsum Brewery at £2.80 a bottle. Glasses from Wantsum to be provided and Parasols from both Shepherd Neame and Wantsum due in May.

 

Social (V Winch)

The last social was very good and enjoyed by all there, some did not attend due to various covid matters.

 

AOB

BH After the top to bottom clean of the kitchen recently, it was disappointing to note that the kitchen has been left messy and untidy. This may have been after opening the green or after canasta or roll up over the weekend. However we must insist that whoever uses the kitchen does a general tidy up and put away when leaving. It has been overheard that comments like “leave it for the Hut Duty person” are common. The GPC discussed the hut duty issue at length and concluded that if everyone did tidy up as they leave, then the need for a full Vacuum through each day may not always be needed. It is however necessary to ensure the toilets are clean and well stocked each day along with the other duties on the list. Members should share the upkeep of the club and not burden a few willing ones. For this reason the Fine for Not Doing a Hut Duty when appointed will be increased to £10 .

AE There have been incidents recently of a wheelbarrow being found in the middle of the green, no damage fortunately. However we will now make sure the wheelbarrows live in one of the sheds. The fox wire will be placed in situ to deter any active vandals. Probably a youthful prank!! 

 

MH Easter Drive on 16th April please put name on sheet in club as BW wants to see as many as possible. A Facebook message will be put out. Arrive at 2.00 pm

 

CF A suggestion to appoint the Kitchen Exit to the tennis courts as a FIRE EXIT in place of the one that used to leave the ladies toilet. This was agreed and will be actioned, however when the Buildings Officer inspected the club it was concluded that we had sufficient exits to conform to fire regulations for a venue of this size.

Another suggestion received to reward those members who have worked so hard on the refurbishment of the club with a relief of Hut Duty this season as a THANK YOU.

The GPC discussed this at length and decided that a list of those affected be given to the Roster Keepers for consideration. It is a nice gesture and was agreed in principle. 

It was also decided that those who work regularly for the club be added to the list meaning those who give several hours a week to their duties. All members of the GPC plus a few others, list to be compiled.

 

The Website has been scrutinised due to some change of Officers and several minor changes need to bring it up to date with our refurbished clubhouse. I have asked the website administrator to make these changes to ensure continuity.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from Joint Captain’s meeting on 21st March 2022

I welcome you all to this year’s JOINT CAPTAIN’s meeting after two years absence due to Covid. Unfortunately, during this time lapse we have lost friends and fellow players, so please can I ask you all to observe a minutes silence in memory of:

Tom Blair

Roger Connell

Charles Dean

John Hill

Alan Bown

Andy Mitchell

Ron Smith

Can I ask you to stand and observe a minute silence.

It is encouraging to see that the club membership is growing both amongst playing and social members. Like all clubs its success is not only down to those that play the game but to the volunteers who put themselves forward, and lead the club both on and off the green. A way to measure this and show what an effective club we are, is that at the commencement of each season there should be no vacancies left unfilled.

I hope you all enjoy next seasons bowling.

 

In calling the meeting it had a good outcome in that it encouraged two new members to come forward and fill the vacant Vice Captain’s positions. Namely John Alchin and Brenda Stewart who will I am sure be welcomed without reservation by both Captain’s.  This in turn will retain the balance that is required to continue succession in line with the clubs constitution. It would be appropriate if these positions were ratified at the next GPC meeting showing that the committee is supportive in driving forward the succession policy

 

Another matter for discussion relates to GDPR and appropriate distribution of minutes. A letter to the Chairman was read by all the GPC, It was concluded that all regulations were read, digested, and acted upon in 2018 and our GDPR Risk Assessment and statement are followed.  No personal details are stated nor will they be in future. It was decided to make sure the Risk Assessment is displayed on the notice board in future. This has always been available in the Club Manual and this comprehensive document is always available on the website.  Emails are always sent out under BCC unless on a one to one basis.

 

JA Provided a set of Roll up discs DK to use on Monday Roll ups including the ability to be randomly selected for different positions.

 

VW Food after the Met Police game on 25th August our member needs to let them now how much it will be.

Ladies Benevolent on 14th July is Bacon Rolls and cakes etc.

Defibrillator position to be above the suggestion box on full view – hook needed please.

  

Meeting closed at 12.00 noon 

 

Date of next meeting 23rd  May at 10.00 hours in the clubhouse.

 

Actions to be taken

CF write to Mr Little with names and column headers for the Honours Board

CF respond to TD regarding new Fire Exit

CF to install 1 page Induction Synopsis on Notice Board

MH to update website on various documents to reflect the accessible facilities and officers

CF to contact Sovereign Sports to correct angle iron support

CF thank you letters for work done and furniture donated

JA to photograph knitted bowlers and see if any funds can be raised by their auction

CF to change the standard letters to reflect the hut duty details and increase penalty to £10

CF to respond on GDPR query with copies of documents already on file and website

CF to produce list with help for exclusion list to hut duty

CF Up to date locker lists necessary for both Men and Ladies – consult