Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

GPC Minutes 26th July

Attendance:  Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and Val Winch.

 

Apologies:  Bob Barclay, Dean Prescott

 

Meeting opened at 10.00 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Mark Hinds and seconded by Daphne Smith

 

Chairman:   Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

 

Suggestion in box – Please can we look into the defibrillator being sited close to the main door and check the pads regularly.

The new site is on a hook under the Suggestion box and is visible to all, a new notice will be sited above to indicate the location. New pads will be ordered later today now we have the correct code for them.

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

About 1.5K less than this time last year

Bill to pay received from architect £3156

 

Bar takings 21 June to 25 July                                                                         2672.69

Stock spend                                                                                                          1385.29

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

The cabin offered free, for use at the Tennis courts was not going to be cost effective – it needed some maintenance and the transport costs made it unviable. 

The are a few tennis members who renewed in October 2020 who are due a reduction for the lock-downs in November and January- March. The amount agreed was £10 for 4 adults and £20 for 3 families.

Caxtons will be here today at 5.30 for the AGM of Carmel & Sandpiper Court 6 pm to 8 pm I will meet Mo O’Connor to open gate in Beach Avenue then return to lock up afterwards.

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

 

Changes are STILL happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

Expecting others to cancel – its a fluid situation.

Coach prices are as much as £650 and many clubs are not able to fund this.

It was agreed to waive the green fees for friendlies who travel from far away  – which may encourage travel. If a game is cancelled we lose all fees, bar takings and games fees. It is better to to lose one and still have the other two, however we should be prepared to travel too. It could be that many friendly fixtures resort to a 2 year plan, one year in each teams home ground. 

 

Maintenance and Gardens (Andy Ennis)

There was a good response to the open letter put on website and Facebook for full and social members including tennis social members to volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.  Although the enthusiasm has dropped off. Many people do give their time on odd days which is still very welcome.

Hedges have been cut where they overhang and impede the pavements.

Plan to arrange a painting club before end of season to do the outside maintenance.

Greens The green is playing well many compliments from our members and visitors.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the direction of play is moved for evening matches on a regular basis. It is only a 5 minute job and we need more people involved.

 

Refurbishment (Andy Ennis)

Quotes between £25k and £50K Building material cost going up.  BE loan £20K available to draw down when needed, guarantors all signed.

Discussion – do we go ahead now or put it off again? It was decided to go back to two of the quotes and go for commencement in the closed season. A review of yearly standard outgoings proved we should make the move now.

 

Social (V Winch) 

Any social event we do do, may be at The Centre or a Church Hall in the meantime. We can start 2022 with extra capacity – seating up to 84 a great improvement on the present 60.

 

AOB

C. Fisher

Walking Football Match v Bexleyheath booked for Sunday 1st August 2021 from 1pm to 4 pm Terry Mehegan is organising this and will require only Court 1 and the Bar to be open for the duration please. There is likely to be 50 persons in total. He has promised to stop play and allow any Tennis players to access the other court safely for Tennis. He will be providing food from his own supply. The bar will be run as normal until 2 pm by Val  then by Philip Fisher who will take over until 4pm.

 

E J Sports have booked one Court for Tennis on Saturday 25th September 2021 from 9 am to 12 noon and are keen to also use our Bowls Green on the Sunday 26th September from 10 am to 2 pm for their Mystery Sport, as this is within our normal times of opening guidance can be supplied by any member available, GPC included.

 

Facebook page now up and running for the Tennis members to communicate, many joining as we speak.

 

MBRA would like to book our clubhouse for a meeting on Monday 13th September from 5pm to 7pm at the usual rate.

 

AGM nominations form to be put up as soon as possible, there will be many positions to be filled now that duration of remaining terms have been confirmed.

 

Netball Ladies on Wednesdays – net left down again – please can someone take notice this week as I will be away.

 

Tennis coaching by Gavid Vickers and his team on a Friday is continuing for a few juniors through the summer holidays,  I will again try to speak with him. Parents have given him cheques which he needs to pass over to us.

 

V Winch

Shirts materials samples from source seem thin we have not heard from Dean Prescott who has a contact in Herne Bay. The poly cotton seemed best.

 

Sum up card machine will be ordered as many people wanted to pay by card last Friday 23rd July, it is becoming more the norm now.

 

Many Hut Duties still being missed and not ticked.

 

Last Thursday’s social bowlers wanted someone to teach them, then a cup of coffee after 12 noon. The message seems to be going word of mouth and we need correct this. There are still those who want to join as social even though we have temporarily suspended this facility.

 

Tennis fees need to be increased on 1st October 2021 I propose £60 for Adults and £120 for families

 

B. Waters

Honours board needs to be updated, many people are questioning why not?

All sections need to be filled.

2019 HP Lim and Simone Warren – club champions

2020 there is no entry for Ladies President or Men’s Captain – Covid 19 refers

2020 Tony Petts and Sue Goodchild – club champions

2020 Simon Pulling – Secretary

Carol Fisher will contact Mr Little

 

There are 2 more slots for Life Members – can we please give some thought to choosing please

 

Roll Up’s on Mondays are still hard work – Bob Waters will be there again today and proposes getting one of the regulars to take on the responsibility of collecting the money and noting down names. The committee agreed and hope it could be our new full member who has shown willingness in many areas so far.

 

Tony Petts has said he is only willing to train social bowlers who will be come full members.

 

M Hinds

Kevin Lynch is not at all well.

 

There is a Silver Birch tree in a pot, which Alan and Pam Back have donated to be planted in memory of Andy Mitchell and would like it known as “Andy’s Tree”

The site chosen is at the side of notice board in Beach Avenue close to the Tennis Courts.

 

The meeting closed 12.10 pm      

 

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 23rd August at 10.00am

 

Attendance:  Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and Val Winch.

Apologies:  Bob Barclay, Dean Prescott

Meeting opened at 10.00 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Mark Hinds and seconded by Daphne Smith

Chairman:   Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

Matters Arising

Suggestion in box – Please can we look into the defibrillator being sited close to the main door and check the pads regularly.

The new site is on a hook under the Suggestion box and is visible to all, a new notice will be sited above to indicate the location. New pads will be ordered later today now we have the correct code for them.

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

About 1.5K less than this time last year

Bill to pay received from architect £3156

Bar takings 21 June to 25 July                                                                         2672.69

Stock spend                                                                                                          1385.29

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

The cabin offered free, for use at the Tennis courts was not going to be cost effective – it needed some maintenance and the transport costs made it unviable. 

The are a few tennis members who renewed in October 2020 who are due a reduction for the lock-downs in November and January- March. The amount agreed was £10 for 4 adults and £20 for 3 families.

Caxtons will be here today at 5.30 for the AGM of Carmel & Sandpiper Court 6 pm to 8 pm I will meet Mo O’Connor to open gate in Beach Avenue then return to lock up afterwards.

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are STILL happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

Expecting others to cancel – its a fluid situation.

Coach prices are as much as £650 and many clubs are not able to fund this.

It was agreed to waive the green fees for friendlies who travel from far away  – which may encourage travel. If a game is cancelled we lose all fees, bar takings and games fees. It is better to to lose one and still have the other two, however we should be prepared to travel too. It could be that many friendly fixtures resort to a 2 year plan, one year in each teams home ground. 

Maintenance and Gardens (Andy Ennis)

There was a good response to the open letter put on website and Facebook for full and social members including tennis social members to volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.  Although the enthusiasm has dropped off. Many people do give their time on odd days which is still very welcome.

Hedges have been cut where they overhang and impede the pavements.

Plan to arrange a painting club before end of season to do the outside maintenance.

Greens The green is playing well many compliments from our members and visitors.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the direction of play is moved for evening matches on a regular basis. It is only a 5 minute job and we need more people involved.

Refurbishment (Andy Ennis)

Quotes between £25k and £50K Building material cost going up.  BE loan £20K available to draw down when needed, guarantors all signed.

Discussion – do we go ahead now or put it off again? It was decided to go back to two of the quotes and go for commencement in the closed season. A review of yearly standard outgoings proved we should make the move now.

Social (V Winch) 

Any social event we do do, may be at The Centre or a Church Hall in the meantime. We can start 2022 with extra capacity – seating up to 84 a great improvement on the present 60.

AOB

C. Fisher

Walking Football Match v Bexleyheath booked for Sunday 1st August 2021 from 1pm to 4 pm Terry Mehegan is organising this and will require only Court 1 and the Bar to be open for the duration please. There is likely to be 50 persons in total. He has promised to stop play and allow any Tennis players to access the other court safely for Tennis. He will be providing food from his own supply. The bar will be run as normal until 2 pm by Val  then by Philip Fisher who will take over until 4pm.

E J Sports have booked one Court for Tennis on Saturday 25th September 2021 from 9 am to 12 noon and are keen to also use our Bowls Green on the Sunday 26th September from 10 am to 2 pm for their Mystery Sport, as this is within our normal times of opening guidance can be supplied by any member available, GPC included.

Facebook page now up and running for the Tennis members to communicate, many joining as we speak.

MBRA would like to book our clubhouse for a meeting on Monday 13th September from 5pm to 7pm at the usual rate.

AGM nominations form to be put up as soon as possible, there will be many positions to be filled now that duration of remaining terms have been confirmed.

Netball Ladies on Wednesdays – net left down again – please can someone take notice this week as I will be away.

Tennis coaching by Gavid Vickers and his team on a Friday is continuing for a few juniors through the summer holidays,  I will again try to speak with him. Parents have given him cheques which he needs to pass over to us.

V Winch

Shirts materials samples from source seem thin we have not heard from Dean Prescott who has a contact in Herne Bay. The poly cotton seemed best.

Sum up card machine will be ordered as many people wanted to pay by card last Friday 23rd July, it is becoming more the norm now.

Many Hut Duties still being missed and not ticked.

Last Thursday’s social bowlers wanted someone to teach them, then a cup of coffee after 12 noon. The message seems to be going word of mouth and we need correct this. There are still those who want to join as social even though we have temporarily suspended this facility.

Tennis fees need to be increased on 1st October 2021 I propose £60 for Adults and £120 for families

B. Waters

Honours board needs to be updated, many people are questioning why not?

All sections need to be filled.

2019 HP Lim and Simone Warren – club champions

2020 there is no entry for Ladies President or Men’s Captain – Covid 19 refers

2020 Tony Petts and Sue Goodchild – club champions

2020 Simon Pulling – Secretary

Carol Fisher will contact Mr Little

There are 2 more slots for Life Members – can we please give some thought to choosing please

Roll Up’s on Mondays are still hard work – Bob Waters will be there again today and proposes getting one of the regulars to take on the responsibility of collecting the money and noting down names. The committee agreed and hope it could be our new full member who has shown willingness in many areas so far.

Tony Petts has said he is only willing to train social bowlers who will be come full members.

M Hinds

Kevin Lynch is not at all well.

There is a Silver Birch tree in a pot, which Alan and Pam Back have donated to be planted in memory of Andy Mitchell and would like it known as “Andy’s Tree”

The site chosen is at the side of notice board in Beach Avenue close to the Tennis Courts.

The meeting closed 12.10 pm      

Next meeting will be on Monday 23rd August at 10.00am