Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

GPC Meeting April 2021

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tri

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial trib

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

Attendance:  Bob Barclay, Andy Ennis, Carol Fisher, Mark Hinds,  Dean Prescott, Daphne Smith Bob Waters and  Val Winch.

Apologies:  None

 

Meeting opened at 9.30 hours according to Covid 19 Regulations and socially distanced.

 

Approval of previous minutes

Proposed by Bob Barclay and seconded by Dean Prescott

 

Chairman:  Welcomed all attending and opened the meeting.

 

Matters Arising

Nothing outstanding

 

Treasurers report (V Winch)                      

Money to date                                                  Santander                           3869.16

                                                                                Santander savings             7047.43

                                                                                Barclays                                22579.72

                                                                                Cash                                            32.75

                                                                                                                                33529.06

 

About 4K less than this time last year. Due to pay affiliation fees £600 in next few days, Groundcare figure unknown no invoice since autumn renovation.

Secretarial Report (C Fisher)

1) I still have 8 membership enquiries for Tennis from our website who did not respond to my email, but only 2 of the 10 membership enquiries for Bowls still outstanding.

2) Polling Station booking for 6th May 2021  - Mick will open up at 6am to new Presiding Officer Wayne Scorah 07544 835544 and would be very pleased if Dean Prescott could see him out and lock up after 10pm on the night.

3) Clubspark Booker app will be changing on 2nd November I have enlisted help from Jules Szczepanski who is willing to get involved on the tennis side. Plus write an idiots guide to logging in. Dean is willing to look at it also.

4) Leon King has reminded us about affiliation forms – Now sent off and payment will be made on 23rd April

5) Big Weekend sign up, we are running our own Open Day.

6) BE Registration – not done because they want control and too much information on individuals  - Andy has offered to investigate BE options on funding opportunities.

7) Toni Whiting hiring of Netball courts  on Wednesday mornings as soon as possible at £20 per hour

8) MBRA meeting held here on Wednesday 14th April took 2 hours so £40 due – This has now been paid.

9) Spoke to Sovereign who will bring some new nets for Netball and Basketball – they are working in Sandwich this week and next so will call in – Also asked for 2 banners to display from car park and road side. They are on order

 

Fixtures (Mark Hinds)

Changes are happening on a daily basis, the website is amended accordingly therefore must be taken as the LIVE option.

We may have to ask friendlies to be aware that 24 is the maximum number on the green at present. We cannot have any spectators. This could apply to Bostall Heath and to Bexleyheath & Barnhurst initially prior to 17th May decision.

Kent Presidents on 19thMay, is not finalised yet, decision expected after 1st May zoom meeting.

Our Men’s Captain has plenty of names on first list, he needs only 12 men and 6 ladies, therefore if 6 are not selected they could play a game on a spare rink (not scored) as long as we utilise the greens within the rules.

 

 

Maintenance (Bob Barclay & Andy Ennis)

Monday mornings more people are needed, we should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening. 

There was a very good turn out for Set Up day, so maybe if we appeal – more will feel able to turn up.

Brick Marker 2 has been repaired.

 

Gardens(Andy Ennis)

We should email both full and social members asking for volunteers to give some time for maintenance and gardening.

 

Greens

The green is playing well.  The rinks are being rotated and the bricks moved regularly to ensure even use, so the play is moved from clubhouse to sea or Beach Ave to Herscell Road on a regular basis.

 

Social (V Winch) 

The planned event for 26th June now clashes with Gateway – but we may be able to start the game early then hold the event starting about 5.30 or 6pm. Still in the planning stage.

Friday night socials to resume as soon as can be planned,

Tennis members gathering planned for 30 at a time after the 17th May to allow members to exchange contact details for play purposes.

 

AOB

1)DP – Bar piping needs a complete refit, sunlight has damaged the pipes, a repair has been done but is temporary. He is looking in to pricing and negotiating from whose budget it is covered.

1) CF and VW - How shall we manage Monday Roll Ups and take payments plus arrange triples games

1)BW -  Will police Monday afternoon Roll ups for social and beginners collecting money and issuing receipts plus drawing names if appropriate. Starting 26th April. 

1)BB and MH -  We must ensure that social members pay before playing on the green. An email will be sent to remind and inform those who have not yet had time to know our NORMAL SYSTEM.

1)DS – How do we know what fixtures have changed? There will be notices in both changing rooms – and Mark confirmed that he updates the Website Fixtures list first – SO THAT LIST IS ALWAYS LIVE.

1)VW – How will we collect Green fees? it is imperative that this is done to ensure we build up our income again.

2) We need a new Flag – Chatham Dockyard – DP will investigate.

3)We need more Club shirts  and sizes – DP has a contact within Heron Workwear so will investigate and report.

1) CF – Card payments and WiFi in the club. More people have used cards this last year, saw and advert for SUM UP – electronic payments tool.  This was discussed at length and BW will investigate and report back on costs and suitability. VW will speak to the telephone provider about WiFi. DP will look into cards for bar though this could be out of our range as a new cash till could run to thousands.

2) Must arrange a meeting with Tony Petts and Christine Rogers regarding Open Day on 29th May.

1)BW – Informed that the IOT Men’s meeting is at Birchington at 6.30pm on 4th May 2021

2) Was approval sought from the GPC for the two plaques in the garden? He feels they are rather large.

After much discussion around this subject it was decided that it is usually the family who request such tributes.  Decision - Any future memorial tributes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

utes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am

butes must have the approval of the GPC in writing for site approval.

 

 

The meeting closed 11.10 am       

 

Next meeting will be on Monday 17th May at 10.00am